Hmmm, that is interesting. I'm wondering if that is an AOL issue or not. Basically, studying the file in ~/.bsflite, there isn't a cached buddylist or anything. I'm going to play with it some more. It appears to be an issue with BSFlite though. My recomendation: since you cannot see groups anyways, IM the person that you want to add. Once you've done that it will be added by aol into your "recent buddys" group. I'll try to track down the bug that causes that as well as talk to the developer of the program. I'd never tried that in the past since I've always used my normal accounts to test it. Thanks for bringing that up!