On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 04:15:40PM +0100, Steffen Schuetz wrote:
> I've tested your update using wi(4), ath(4) and ral(4) based cards
> on i386 and amd64.

Thanks for testing.

> With ath(4) only detecting networks worked; i was not able to
> capture data packets.

IIRC, we had this problem reported about two or three weeks ago,
and it's still unresolved.

> The ral(4) card didn't work in monitor mode - i had to disable
> the monitor mode by hand using ifconfig _after_ starting kismet.
> But even then only discovering networks worked for me.

Do you know wether it's a regression, i.e. did it work with 2005-08-R1?

> Because we do not have apm(4) support on all platforms, i would
> disable the "apm" option for displaying battery status - patch
> at the end of this message.

Hmm. Availability of apm is checked during configure, so the worst
effect of enabling "apm" on a machine without apm(4) should be a
display like "Battery: unavailable". But I could forcibly disable
the "apm" option for non-apm platforms regardless of the config
file.

Ciao,
        Kili