I tested only the latin fonts. Maybe someone with korean, japanese or
chinese knowledge could have a look at those ?

Hopefully, you can try copy and pasting the following text in various programs
and figure out how it looks:
French diacritics
Amélie  mon cœur
Japanese katakana/hiragana
ノゾミ, のぞみ
Japanese kanji
梅

This did help a bit. I rendered the fonts using pango-view. It will, too use missing glyphs from other fonts, but will use the font if possible.
The metrics seem fine. No cropped or overlapping characters.
So I'm pretty confident now.
I added one tweak to my diff: I patched ko-hanterm-fonts, because the bdf files missed font foundry and family. I felt assiduous, not smart, that's why I did it by hand. It would probably better have been done by a small script. Its 150 patches now…

I would like to commit now. OKs ?

Christopher

--
http://gmerlin.de
CB07 DA40 B0B6 571D 35E2  0DEF 87E2 92A7 13E5 DEE1