Hi,

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020, Tracey Emery wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 05:17:02PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > On 2020/11/12 09:58, Tracey Emery wrote:
> > > Hello ports,
> > >
> > > Attached is a new port, cad/dxf2gcode.
> > >
> > > DXF2GCODE is a tool for converting 2D (dxf, pdf, ps) drawings to CNC
> > > machine compatible GCode.
> > >
> > > This port adds functionality to packages like qcad, for CNC millers like
> > > me, to be able to take a 2D project all the way to the CNC mill, instead
> > > of just print.
> > >
> > > The user can select each path and select all the drills, mills, and
> > > limits for that path.
> > >
> > > I've run this against a qcad created dxf on amd64 and the output gcode
> > > looks good to me. I haven't taken it to mill yet, well, since the
> > > project isn't ready. :D
> > >
> > > Comments? Ok to import?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Tracey Emery
> >
> > Some of the plist entries look a bit problematic,
> >
> > lib/python${MODPY_VERSION}/site-packages/easy-install.pth
> > lib/python${MODPY_VERSION}/site-packages/site.py
> >
> > I'm not sure what to do with this off-hand though...
> >
> > Could you try something like this instead of patching for the -3 suffix
> > please? It will be easier to handle when we get rid of the py27 py-qt5.
> >
> > .for i in pyuic pyrcc pylupdate
> >     ln -s ${LOCALBASE}/bin/$i5${MODPY_BIN_SUFFIX} ${WRKDIR}/bin/$i5
> > .endfor
>
> Attached is a new port with your -3 workaround. Thanks.
>
> For easy-install.pth and site.py, I just commented them out in PLIST.
> The executable doesn't appear to need them in any way, as I was able to
> do everything I did in my first test.
>
> Any python people that can say if this is the right way to go about
> these two files? Otherwise, the only other way I can think to handle
> those is with:
>
> do-install:
>       mkdir -p ${WRKINST}${MODPY_SITEPKG}/${DISTNAME}
>       cd ${WRKSRC} && ${MAKE_ENV} \
>               PYTHONPATH=${WRKINST}${MODPY_SITEPKG} ${MODPY_BIN} \
>               ./st-setup.py install --prefix=${PREFIX}
>       mv ${WRKINST}${MODPY_SITEPKG}/site.py \
>               ${WRKINST}${MODPY_SITEPKG}/${DISTNAME}
>       ${MODPY_BIN} ${MODPY_LIBDIR}/compileall.py \
>               ${WRKINST}${MODPY_SITEPKG}/${DISTNAME}/site.py
>       mv ${WRKINST}${MODPY_SITEPKG}/easy-install.pth \
>               ${WRKINST}${MODPY_SITEPKG}/${DISTNAME}
>
> Thoughts? Ok to import?

Here's an updated version with another patch for the "sys.platform"
stuff.  This makes the default folders on the configuration more unix
like.

I cannot find the "site.py" or "easy-install.pth" on my build, is this
maybe a build env problem ?  (I had those in the past).

For the rest, I tested it on amd64 and looks good to me.  Unfortunately
I don't have any CNC handy to test, so I guess that's ok paco@

Cheers,

--
Paco Esteban.