Mihai Popescu <mih...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have last snapshot installed, with blender-2.91.0. Then menu is very
> transparent, but I can use it somehow. When i hit Render, the gray screen
> appears and the system locks up, nothing responsive, not able to close
> Blender, change consoles, etc. I forced shut down.

 [snip]
> radeondrm0 at pci1 dev 5 function 0 "ATI Radeon HD 4250" rev 0x00

for AMD gpus it looks like blender only officially suppports GCN 1st gen
and newer. see https://www.blender.org/download/requirements/

so that means at least Southern Islands.

you can read a little more about the decision here:

https://code.blender.org/2019/04/supported-gpus-in-blender-2-80/

so, that *could* be it. but it also could be something
else. Unfortunately I don't know anything about graphics drivers. If
it's possible you could test on linux and see what happens. My guess is
that drivers probably aren't getting updated very frequently.

if you search around online for "radeon hd 4250 blender" you can find
some leads, looks like other people have trouble too.

Good Luck,
Andrea