Hello ports@,

Moonlight (formerly Limelight) is an open source implementation of
NVIDIA's GameStream protocol. With Moonlight, You can stream your
collection of PC games from your GameStream-compatible PC to any
supported device and play them remotely.

In order to properly test this port, a PC running Windows with an NVIDIA GPU (that's capable of running GameStream) is required. You need to install more proprietary bloatware^W^W^WNVIDIA GeForce Experience and setup NVIDIA GameStream.

More info on that can be found here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/support/gamestream/gamestream-pc-setup/.

If you don't have an NVIDIA GPU like I do, you can use Sunshine[1] which is an NVIDIA GameStream server reimplementation. You can download the pre-built binaries from the GitHub tags/releases page and download the zip file.

From there, you can simply launch the sunshine.exe file. Since it appears that sunshine lacks the capability to advertise to GameStream clients (like Moonlight), you have to add your PC manually via the IP address. When you try to connect for the first time, it will ask you to enter a pin. Since sunshine doesn't have any GUI/TUI at all, on the same Windows PC, you need to go to http://127.0.0.1/pin/<the pin number> to accept the pairing request. After that, you should be able to connect!

From my experience using this port and sunshine, it works fine and it's a bit sluggish but I'm not sure if that's caused by sunshine not supporting hardware encoding or the lack of hardware decoding on OpenBSD but it's much more usable in comparison to using Parsec/Rainway within chromium since it works entirely in your local network.

OK?

[1]: https://github.com/loki-47-6F-64/sunshine