Hi There,

I'm having a go at porting texlive, as teTeX is now unmaintained. I
have to say that I'm not really familiar with the porting system. I
have only read the docs on the OBSD web page.

I have started with the base set of compilers and filters etc (latex,
pdflatex ...).

make fetch, extract and build appear to work fine, but during make
package a certain part of the port is trying to write /usr (even using
CONFIGURE_STYLE= gnu dest).

install -c -s -o root -g bin -m 555 dialog /usr/local/tcdialog
systrace: deny user: root, prog: /usr/bin/install, pid:
20433(0)[19859], policy: /usr/bin/env, filters: 184, syscall:
native-fswrite(10), filename: /usr/local/tcdialog

Thankyou systrace!

Here is the Makefile I have so far (It is no-where near finished):

# $OpenBSD: Makefile.template,v 1.46 2005/11/12 00:07:22 sturm Exp $

COMMENT=                "The texlive LaTeX distribution (base)"

DISTNAME=               texlive_base-2007
PKGNAME=                texlive_base-2007
CATEGORIES=             print

HOMEPAGE=               http://tug.org/texlive/

MAINTAINER=             Edd Barrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

#TODO
#WANTLIB=               ???

PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM=  Yes
PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP=    Yes
PERMIT_DISTFILES_CDROM=Yes
PERMIT_DISTFILES_FTP=  Yes

# where the source files and patches can be fetched
#
MASTER_SITES=
http://students.dec.bournemouth.ac.uk/ebarrett/distfiles/
#MASTER_SITES=          ${MASTER_SITE_foo:=subdir/}
EXTRACT_SUFX=           .tar.bz2

# Dependencies TODO
#
#BUILD_DEPENDS=         ???
#RUN_DEPENDS=           ???
#LIB_DEPENDS=           ???
#REGRESS_DEPENDS=       ???

#MAKE_FLAGS=            ???
#MAKE_ENV=              ???
#FAKE_FLAGS=            ???
#REGRESS_FLAGS=         ???

# build/configuration variables
#
#SEPARATE_BUILD=        concurrent  (build simultaneously on all arches)
#SEPARATE_BUILD=        simple  (configure/build still recreates files in
source)
USE_X11=                Yes
USE_GMAKE=              Yes

CONFIGURE_STYLE=gnu dest
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --datadir=/usr/local/share \
                        --bindir=/usr/local \
                        --with-fontconfig=/usr/X11R6   \
                        --with-system-freetype2 \
                        --with-freetype2-libdir=/usr/X11R6/lib \
                        --with-freetype2-include=/usr/X11R6/include
#CONFIGURE_ENV=         ???

# Overrides for default values
#
#CFLAGS=                ???
#LDFLAGS=               ???
#MAKE_FILE=             ???
#PKG_ARCH=              ???
#SCRIPTS_ENV=           ???
#WRKDIST=               ??? if other than ${WRKDIR}/$DISTNAME
#WRKSRC=                ??? if other than ${WRKDIST}
#WRKBUILD=              ??? if other than ${WRKSRC}

.include <bsd.port.mk>

I have contacted the original developers, and it appears that the port
respects its prefix on other peoples linux systems. I refer you to
this thread: http://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2007-April/013445.html

Have I missed something here?

Also is anyone else interested in helping me port the rest of this
package. Still to come is the texmf tree pkg and the format files pkg.
teTeX has been dead for a year now, so OpenBSD is in need of a latex
distribution (yes the texlive cd has some binaries on it, bt a pkg is
far more convenient)

Thanks for your help

--
Best Regards