* Pedro Martelletto wrote:

> As can be seen in http://tinyurl.com/2pelmo [1], the author of x11/ion
> recently changed the software's license to something obscure, completely
> open to misinterpretation, and in my opinion incompatible with our ports
> tree.
>
> Therefore, I'd like to propose the complete removal of the port.

There is other software in the ports that has or had obscure licenses.
E.g we have Apache 2, we had graphviz etc.

The ports tree is here for our users convenience.  If a port has a
strange license, you can always set the PERMIT_xy fields.  Many users
use ion, so why should we harrass them?

The ports tree is the wrong area to fight license battles, imo.  That
said, I am obviously against the removal of ion.