Hi,

On 28/03-22 20:11, Omar Polo wrote:
> Thim Cederlund <t...@cederlund.de> wrote:
> > On 22/03-22 19:25, Thim Cederlund wrote:
> > > Hi ports@,
> > >
> > > I don't know about you guys but I can't function without a clipboard
> > > manager.
> > > A few years ago I was looking for the perfect one and while I haven't
> > > found
> > > one yet I feel that clipmenu is damn near close.
> > >

> > > % pkg_info clipmenu
> > > Information for inst:clipmenu-6.2.0
> > >
> > > Comment:
> > > simple clipboard manager using dmenu

> > > clipmenu is a simple clipboard manager using dmenu or rofi.
> > > The behavior of clipmenud can be customized through environment variables.
> > >
> > > Despite being only <300 lines, clipmenu has many useful features,
> > > including:
> > > * Customising the maximum number of clips stored (default 1000)
> > > * Disabling clip collection temporarily with clipctl
> > > * Not storing clipboard changes from certain programs, like password
> > > managers
> > > * Taking direct ownership of the clipboard
> > >
> > > Maintainer: Thim Cederlund <t...@cederlund.de>
> > >
> > > WWW: https://github.com/cdown/clipmenu
> > >
> > > % pkg_info clipnotify
> > > Information for inst:clipnotify-1.0.2
> > >
> > > Comment:
> > > simple program that waits until a new selection is available
> > >
> > > Required by:
> > > clipmenu-6.2.0

> > > clipnotify waits until a new selection is available and then exits.
> > > It is primarly made for clipmenu, but it can be used in shell scripts.
> > >
> > > Maintainer: Thim Cederlund <t...@cederlund.de>
> > >
> > > WWW: https://github.com/cdown/clipnotify
> > >

> > > Best Regards,
> > >
> > > Thim Cederlund
> > >

> > Ping. Tarballs reattached
>
> Hello :)
>
> The makefiles looks good, just a couple of minor nits:
>
>  - please make sure to fix the permissions for the tarballs you send.
>    if the permissions are not 755 (dir) or 644 (files) then with
>    PORTS_PRIVSEP you get strange errors like "can't access
>    directory"/"can't read PLIST" etc.  Not a huge issue, i can easily
>    fix it, but can be confusing.

Now that's weird, the permissions look alright locally.
Not entirely sure why it freaked out when the files got tar'ed.

>  - usually the GH_* variables are in the following order: GH_ACCOUNT,
>    GH_PROJECT, GH_TAGNAME

I see, based on my other ports I have formated them in the PROJECT,
ACCOUNT, TAG order, but you're absolutely right, I should have checked
the template file.

>  - (clipmenu) RUN_DEPENDS (and also most of other variables) are
>    usually indented a little bit differently and sorted
>
>  - (clipmenu) we can shorten the do-install target a bit by using a
>    .for
>
>  - (clipmenu) since there isn't any manpage, i think it's a good idea
>    to install the readme at least in /usr/local/share/doc/clipmenu
>
> i agree (even if it's unfortunate) that we need to roll our own
> do-install targets: clipmenu assumes GNU' install(1), and clipnotify
> tarball doesn't ship an `install' target.
>
> here's a diff against your makefiles and the tarball reattached.  I've
> took the liberty to tweak clipmenu/pkg/DESCR too a bit, now it reads:
>
> -------
> clipmenu is a simple clipboard manager using dmenu or rofi.  Despite
> being only <300 lines, clipmenu has many useful features, including:
>
>  * Customising the maximum number of clips stored (default 1000)
>  * Disabling clip collection temporarily with clipctl
>  * Not storing clipboard changes from certain programs, like password
>    managers
>  * Taking direct ownership of the clipboard
> -------
>
> if you're fine with the changes, it's ok for me to import.

All ok by me =) thanks Omar.

Best Regards,

Thim Cederlund