Am 13.04.2022 um 17:08 schrieb Volker Schlecht:
So here's the diff switching math/arpack to

https://github.com/opencollab/arpack-ng

Unfortunately it's a *huge* diff, because it has to change a lot of things:

* change upstream to opencollab on github
* change to CMake build
* remove post-extract dance, because it is no longer needed for arpack-ng
* copy License directly from source directory, since it's now distributed with the source tarball
* remove files/LICENSE and files/Makefile accordingly
* remove patch/patch-SRC_second_f
It builds and works fine without that patch, at least for me.
* add a flavour to build with OpenMPI support

Succesfully builds

math/armadillo
math/igraph
(math/mlpack only depends on it via ensmallen -> armadillo)
math/octave

Hello Volker,

Because of the possible impacts I prefer a step-by-step approach. arpack-ng is basically a new port:

1. submit arpack-ng as a new port
2. switch other ports after testing
3. when nothing is using arpack anymore, move arpack to the Attic with necessary devel/quirks adjustments

-m