You can't really @conflict between two ports which are build dependencies of other ports.

--
 Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.

On 15 April 2022 13:27:40 Martin REINDL <mar...@catai.org> wrote:

Am 15.04.2022 um 13:52 schrieb Volker Schlecht:

Succesfully builds

math/armadillo
math/igraph
(math/mlpack only depends on it via ensmallen -> armadillo)
math/octave

Hello Volker,

Because of the possible impacts I prefer a step-by-step approach.
arpack-ng is basically a new port:

1. submit arpack-ng as a new port
2. switch other ports after testing
3. when nothing is using arpack anymore, move arpack to the Attic with
necessary devel/quirks adjustments

Hi Martin,

can do, but to avoid conflicts between arpack and arpack-ng, we'd have
to rename the shared lib. That in turn would mean having to tweak each
of the packages we're moving to use -ng (otherwise they'd just pick it up).

@conflict marker in PLIST

Given that essentially everyone else uses -ng succesfully, are you sure
that that's the way to go? Or could we live with the conflict for a while?

Everyone else inside or outside the OpenBSD ports ecosystem?

Speaking from my experience with breaking (and the painful experience of
fixing) armadillo/mlpack across various archs I prefer the stepwise
approach.

BTW the other BSDs also followed this approach.