On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 06:15:25PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:

> I do. Not because I want to write non-portable sed, but because I
> often come across scripts I want to use that use GNU sed features.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere...

> I really don't see the point of your argument.
> There is a port and there is a maintainer for it.
> Where's your problem?

The problem as I see it is determining if this will be useful, *used*,
and *actively* maintained, vs. ported once and forgotten about.

If it's the former, then great! If it's the latter, then it stinks.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/