On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 09:44:58PM +0000, Sergey A. Osokin wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 03:57:17PM +0000, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> > telegram-desktop upstream has been defaulting to Qt6 for some time
> > and >=3.6.3beta already requires it, but first we lacked behind in our
> > Qt6 ports and later I noticed regressions with Qt6.
> >
> > So at the moment our tdesktop port uses Debian's patch to reenable Qt5
> > builds, but newer telegram-desktop versions already require updates to
> > this patch and we can't carry it forever anyway.
>
> Let me add 2 cents.
> telegram-deskop 4.0.0, latest release, builds well with Qt5.

On which system? With patches? With wayland integration?

tdesktop-4.0.0 fails to build on OpenBSD/amd64 -CURRENT using Qt5 and
wayland integration disabled.

tdesktop configures but compilation fails.
This happens both without any Qt related patches as well as with
Debian's patch for tdesktop-3.7.3 adapted to 4.0.0.

It's entirely possible that I missed something or mishandled patches,
but afaict telegram-desktop with Qt5 out-of-the-box is not a thing and
downstreams must either jump on Qt6 or find their own way to keep Qt5.