Penned by Stuart Henderson on 20230306 15:37.58, we have:
| On 2023/03/06 13:57, Todd T. Fries wrote:
| > I have an observation to add.
| >
| > Chasing a bug in 'pkg_add -Ur' when /usr/local fills up, and it prompts to
| > delete the existing files, then runs out of space installing the package
after
| > deleting the older one .. I accidentally landed in a state where Qt5WebKit
| > was all there, but Qt5WebEngine was missing some libraries, in my case it
was

| >     /usr/local/lib/qt5/libQt5WebEngineWidgets.so.1.0
| >
| > but *shrug* not sure it matters.  It failed to use the Qt5WebEngine libs and
| > was able to function with a stern warning about no bugs or security issues
| > fixed since 2017.  So I didn't load a web page with it, but it at least
loaded.

| > Guess this points to a potential glitch with Qt5WebEngine loading?
| >
| > Probably going into the weeds to suggest maybe trying to let python and
qutebrowser
| > prod in a pseudo elf reading way which libs are avail and what versions
exist and
clean
| > environment when it finally decides to load Qt5WebEngine ..
| >
| > If I had time I might consider finding the code and short-circuiting it to
Qt5WebEngine
| > just in case knowing that we reliably build things in the ports tree and
don't have
| > to have a web browser go fishing to figure out what libs exist to load at
runtime..
| > might make things work beyond SEGV it currently does.
| >
| > Just my $.02
|
| You can short-circuit it by setting the backend in
.config/qutebrowser/autoconfig.yml

| config_version: 2
| settings:
|   backend:
|     global: (webengine or webkit)

The dialog that pops up with the scary warning asks me to '[quit]' or
essentially set that to webkit and continue.

| If it's set to webengine, it segfaults for me. (And if it's set to
| webkit, it uses outdated qtwebkit).

As have been reported since January, yes, that is where its at.

I won't argue if anyone beats me to doing more debugging.

| (gdb) bt
| #0  thrkill () at /tmp/-:3
| #1  0xf9258b71bd9ce4a6 in ?? ()
| #2  <signal handler called>
| #3  glXGetCurrentDisplay () at
/usr/xenocara/lib/mesa/mk/libGL/../../src/glx/glxcmds.c:1402
| #4  0x00000b430f6b2350 in QGLXContext::queryDummyContext() ()
|    from
/usr/local/lib/qt5/plugins/xcbglintegrations/libqxcb-glx-integration.so
| #5  0x00000b430f6b2bf7 in QGLXContext::supportsThreading() ()
|    from
/usr/local/lib/qt5/plugins/xcbglintegrations/libqxcb-glx-integration.so
| #6  0x00000b430f6adc8b in QXcbGlxIntegration::supportsThreadedOpenGL() const
()
|    from
/usr/local/lib/qt5/plugins/xcbglintegrations/libqxcb-glx-integration.so
| #7  0x00000b42c542cea5 in
QXcbIntegration::hasCapability(QPlatformIntegration::Capability) const ()
|    from /usr/local/lib/qt5/libQt5XcbQpa.so.0.1
| #8  0x00000b42f6ce5260 in QOpenGLContext::supportsThreadedOpenGL() () from
/usr/local/lib/qt5/libQt5Gui.so.3.0
| #9  0x00000b4340a4a645 in
QtWebEngineCore::WebEngineContext::isGpuServiceOnUIThread() ()
|    from /usr/local/lib/qt5/libQt5WebEngineCore.so.1.0
| #10 0x00000b42d28d5b08 in ?? ()
| #11 0xe2cac5a07d7d3773 in ?? ()
| #12 0x00007f7ffffd72c0 in ?? ()
| #13 0x00000b4340a4d691 in
QtWebEngineCore::WebEngineContext::registerMainThreadFactories() ()

--
Todd T. Fries t...@fries.net twitter:@unix2mars github:toddfries pgp:3F42004A