Hi,

I've now finished a first draft set of ports to get sway running on
OpenBSD.

The good news is that sway works over the existing mesa version in
Xenocara, so building a custom mesa is not needed (at least for now).

I've made all those ports available there :
https://gitlab.tetaneutral.net/mherrb/wl-ports

This include the 2 ports I've posted here already, including fixes for
jca@'s comments. (graphics/libliftoff and sysutils/libdisplay-info)

Other ports are not really suited for import in the main ports tree
for now. This is mainly because there are still a number of bugs, but
also because I used non released versions of seatd and wlroots (the
latests existing releases have bugs and linuxisms that make an OpenBSD
port more painful than their development branches).

I've pointed to my forks of the different projects as MASTER_SITE for
these ports for now. The goal is to move back to the original distrib
files as soon as good enough releases are made. My branches will
either be submitted for merging upstreams or shipped as patches.

Also the libinput-openbsd sources are kind of hackish. They were
derived from the official libinput from 2016, with some later changes
folded back in, but the main project has re-factored and moved sources
files around. I think more work needs to be done to either fully fork
this and remove remnants from the original code that aren't needed or
to re-align it with the Linux libinput repository.

I'm taking patches, both to the ports and to the forked repositories
(see MASTER_SITES or the Waylan on OpenBSD doc below).
I'm going to maintain them for now to keep track of the work.

If anyone wants to give ok to commit some of these to OpenBSD, I'll do
that and remove the corresponding ports from the wl-ports
repository. But apart for the 2 already submmitted, they all depend on
non-ready ports imho.

https://xenocara.org/Wayland_on_OpenBSD.html has been updated to
reflect the current situation.
--