On Wed, Sep 06, 2023 at 04:10:36PM +0200, Solène Rapenne wrote:

> > Forgot to add REVISION=0 to the Makefile. Facepalm.
> > I knew this _had_ to be my fault, just wasn't getting there, and was
> > too
> > trigger happy with the emails.  Sorry for the noise.
> >

> if you don't want to bother with REVISION when working on a port, you
> can use "make clean=all" that should clean pobj,plist,package (and not
> the distfiles IIRC) before trying again

Thanks, I didn't know about the "=all" part.

That wasn't the issue though. I manually erased /pboj and /package, and
even tested with a completely new ports tree.  The issue was that since
the version I had just compiled matched the one on the repository, make
install fetched it, instead of (locally) building a package from the
compiled code  I still find that surprising, TBH