On 2023/09/06 15:46:03 +0100, Zé Loff <zel...@zeloff.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 06, 2023 at 04:10:36PM +0200, Solène Rapenne wrote:
> > >

> > > Forgot to add REVISION=0 to the Makefile. Facepalm.
> > > I knew this _had_ to be my fault, just wasn't getting there, and was
> > > too
> > > trigger happy with the emails.  Sorry for the noise.
> > >

> > if you don't want to bother with REVISION when working on a port, you
> > can use "make clean=all" that should clean pobj,plist,package (and not
> > the distfiles IIRC) before trying again
>
> Thanks, I didn't know about the "=all" part.
>
> That wasn't the issue though. I manually erased /pboj and /package, and
> even tested with a completely new ports tree.  The issue was that since
> the version I had just compiled matched the one on the repository, make
> install fetched it, instead of (locally) building a package from the
> compiled code  I still find that surprising, TBH

*looks in the crystal ball*

I guess you have FETCH_PACKAGES in your /etc/mk.conf so the port tree
is doing what you have asked, that is to fetch packages (if found)
instead of building locally.

depending on what you do it can be either a godsend or a hell.

`make FETCH_PACKAGES=No package' is your friend however.