I am submitting a port which allows to use NitroKey hardware under OpenBSD. It has been lightly tested on OpenBSD -current and 7.4 (amd64) with a Nitrokey Storage 2.

Under Linux, the software responsible for accessing the NitroKey over USB depends on udev rules to make the NitroKey available to regular users. Since this is not an option here, we need to manually chmod+chown the corresponding usb(4) character device. I have added a mention in the README, but the solution seems dirty to me and I would like to hear about alternatives, if somebody can come up with any.

nitrocli is MIT licensed, but some of the cargo modules required for building this use licenses which are a bit more restrictive. In particular:

nitrokey-sys    LGPL-3.0
nitrokey-test   GPL-3.0-or-later
nitrokey-test-state     GPL-3.0-or-later