On 2023/11/09 02:53, Rubén Llorente wrote:
> I am submitting a port which allows to use NitroKey hardware under
> OpenBSD. It has been lightly tested on OpenBSD -current and 7.4 (amd64)
> with a Nitrokey Storage 2.
>
> Under Linux, the software responsible for accessing the NitroKey over USB
> depends on udev rules to make the NitroKey available to regular users.
> Since this is not an option here, we need to manually chmod+chown the
> corresponding usb(4) character device. I have added a mention in the
> README, but the solution seems dirty to me and I would like to hear about
> alternatives, if somebody can come up with any.

I don't think there's much else you can do if you want to run this on
OpenBSD.

Does it not also need access to some ugen or uhid device node as well as
/dev/usbX?

> nitrocli is MIT licensed, but some of the cargo modules required for
> building this use licenses which are a bit more restrictive. In
> particular:
>
> nitrokey-sys  LGPL-3.0
> nitrokey-test GPL-3.0-or-later
> nitrokey-test-state   GPL-3.0-or-later

The license marker comment should use the more restrictive license then,
not MIT.

As a special case, I would suggest using sed -i rather than patching
files with names embedding a version number e.g.
${WRKDIR}/modcargo-crates/nitrokey-sys-*/libnitrokey-*/libnitrokey/hidapi/hidapi.h
(do you really need to patch what looks like a comment line in the other
patch?)