>>> like I asked and no one answered: where >>>can I check HARD LIMIT of my
>>> computer?
>>
>> you can't really. you can try increasing >>until you run into problems
and back
>> off a bit, but it probably depends on what >>else the kernel is doing.
usual
>> approach is to restrict the software to >>using the resources that you
expect it
>> to actually need and restrict it from making >>more demands than that to
orotect
>> the rest of the system.

>this sounds like a bug to me
>hard limit must be known, else is like playing >cards, you never know when
you
>lose (you crash)
>and no one answered my question yet about >i2pd's connections to other
routhers
>with can well surpass 8192 up to +30000 >connections, and if I am right
then
>each connection needs a FD? I worked with >networking and programming a
little,
>so this makes sense to me can anyone >verify?
>if yes, then yes this is a bug and I am >disappointed that the only way is
>run blindly and trust before crash

I might be out of line here since I’m new to OS dev stuff, but what you’re
asking doesn’t really make sense to me. A file descriptor is a software
abstraction built onto the hardware and the exact implementation changes
from case to case dependent on hardware. It’s like if I asked my doctor
“give me the exact limit of bicep curls I can do in an hour.” In the same
way the body has no conception of a bicep curl(only the fatigue from
moving), the hardware doesn’t know what you mean by a file descriptor(only
the residual resources needed to maintain one), and there’s like 20 ways of
doing a bicep curl, so demanding such a concrete hard limit number makes no
sense.

- Bruce