On Mon, Mar 04, 2024 at 05:21:52PM -0500, Stefan Moran wrote:
> Attached is a port for www/pipe-viewer 0.5.0, a lightweight perl youtube
> client, designed to be used without a Google API key. The port is a
> multipackage with -gtk, a GTK3 frontend using x11/p5-Gtk3, and -main,
> the standard cli interface. The port depends on either youtube-dl or
> yt-dlp to fetch videos, and I chose to include www/yt-dlp as a rundep as
> that seems to be the more heavily-maintained and functional ( and also
> less legally-targeted ;) ) project at this point in time. I also chose
> to include most of the optional dependencies, excluding
> LWP::UserAgent::Cached (not currently ported).
>
> https://github.com/trizen/pipe-viewer

Port-wise looks fine, although I'd capitalise youtube in COMMENT
accordingly and distinguish DESCR-gtk from DESCR-main.
Perhaps add multimedia, net and/or x11 to CATEGORIES?

Starts, searches and plays fine in brief testing, seems like a handy
alternative to the (heavy) Qt alternatives minitube and plasmatube.