Hello ports@,

I initially made a thread in this list around the time 7.5 was nearing
release, and the thread went stagnant, I assume since focus was on
stability, and whatever. (might be misremembering here, I have a spotty
memory).

See threads:
x11/emwm => https://marc.info/?t=170554680800002&r=1&w=2
x11/emwm-utils => https://marc.info/?t=170569187600001&r=1&w=2

The only criticism I got aside from nits and tips on DISTFILES, seemed
to come from a place of the quality of upstream code, which is fair if
you are discussing comparing it to motif or whatever, but doesn't seem
to be a reason against merging this. I use this WM quite frequently as a
fallback. It would be personally nice to have.

But some of the reasons I see this being beneficial to merge:

Its the same legacy that motif wm has, but with modern niceties.
fullscreen firefox/chromium is handled as expected, EWMH hints are
respected, (so if you use a compositor or something), XFT font
support is a biggie imho, thats one of the selling points for me. And
emwm-utils has a nice toolchest application that is just nice to
use/configure.

Hell- I made some personal config backups on my Github profile, cos its
just a nice floating WM.

I know that necro-bumps are generally discouraged online- so heres a
thread to ask this:

now that 7.5 is released, would this be good to merge into -CURRENT?

They are both attached.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

--