On 2024/07/09 07:47, Jag Talon wrote:
> Ping for review :)
>
> On 6/25/24 11:31 PM, Jag Talon wrote:
> > adjusted Makefile to have a more accurate list of LIB_DEPENDS and
> > RUN_DEPENDS
> >
> > On 6/25/24 2:22 PM, Jag Talon wrote:
> >> added both the python library libmat2 and a command line tool called
> >> mat2 to remove metadata from various files.
> >>
> >> https://0xacab.org/jvoisin/mat2
> >>
> >> tests are disabled because the tarball in https://pypi.org/project/mat2/
> >> doesn't include the test documents.
> >>
> >> the test documents are, however, present in
> >> https://0xacab.org/jvoisin/mat2 so cloning that repository separately
> >> and running the test yields the attached test-results.txt file. Looks
> >> like it fails on some video files which i'll look into, but it mostly
> >> works at least on my own personal files!
> >>
> >> this library can be a building block for apps that use mat2 like
> >> https://gitlab.com/rmnvgr/metadata-cleaner as well.
> >>
> >> the library also requires a couple runtime libraries to be installed,
> >> and they can be checked by running the --check-dependencies command.
> >>
> >> $ mat2 --check-dependencies
> >> Dependencies for mat2 0.13.4:
> >> - Cairo: yes
> >> - Exiftool: yes (optional)
> >> - Ffmpeg: yes (optional)
> >> - GLib from PyGobject: yes
> >> - GdkPixbuf from PyGobject: yes
> >> - Mutagen: yes
> >> - Poppler from PyGobject: yes
> >> - PyGobject: yes
> >>
> >> please test! works on my files on current/amd64. OK?
> >>

> --
> jagtalon.net
> weirder.earth/@jag
>

>From reading:

LIB_DEPENDS without associated WANTLIB entries are invalid.
You do not want any "LIB_DEPENDS xx not needed for" when you run
"make package".

Python module dependencies should be RUN_DEPENDS (and possibly
in some cases also BUILD_DEPENDS), and should use ${MODPY_FLAVOR}.

Trailing \ in LIB_DEPENDS.

I don't think it makes sense to put devel in CATEGORIES, and it
would be helpful to give a list of supported file formats in DESCR.