On 08/22 11:53, Markus Hennecke wrote:
> Hello Jeremy,
>
> when trying to create a new postgresql 16.4 instance on -current I run into
> this error:
>
> fixing permissions on existing directory /var/postgresql/data ... ok
> creating subdirectories ... ok
> selecting dynamic shared memory implementation ... posix
> selecting default max_connections ... 100
> selecting default shared_buffers ... 128MB
> selecting default time zone ... Europe/Berlin
> creating configuration files ... ok
> running bootstrap script ... ok
> performing post-bootstrap initialization ... 2024-08-22 11:29:47.157 CEST
> [54316] FATAL:  syntax error at or near "FOR" at character 5
> 2024-08-22 11:29:47.157 CEST [54316] STATEMENT:      FOR asciiword,
> hword_asciipart, asciihword
>                 WITH french_stem;
>
> child process exited with exit code 1
> initdb: removing contents of data directory "/var/postgresql/data"
>
> Existing databases from previous 16.x versions are working, it is only the
> initdb step that is failing.
>
> I am pretty much lost how to proceed. The statement seems to be somewhere in
> the middle of snoball_create.sql and I didn't see any obvious problems.

I've had two separate reports with the same error when using initdb,
part of PostgreSQL.  These don't occur on an older snapshot when using
PostgreSQL 16.4 (the version in -current), so something outside of
PostgreSQL in -current in the last few days seems likely to be the
cause.  I will be doing some testing, but my guess is, the older
version of PostgreSQL (16.3) also has the same issues on -current.

Does anyone have an idea of what could have caused this?

Thanks,
Jeremy