On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Ted Unangst wrote:

It still needs some work and that's why I haven't submitted it.

oh, nice.  i patched it up too, and it worked better for me than the
quakeforge port.  but i went back to qf since that's in the tree.

i've been trying to get quake2 on amd64, but even after fixing a few
bugs in the soft renderer, it still crashes.  opengl it is.  the qf
port lags quite a bit, i think with ioquake i was still able to get
playable framerates at 640x480 or so.  i'll have to go back and double
check.  i have several other quake engines sitting around now.

Heh yeah. Pretty much all the engines seem to more or less hairy.
Another reason why I haven't submitted the tarball yet is what you
said too: Quake2forge is in ports.

If you have more patches I can gladly test them.

--
Antti Harri