On 2007-11-17 21:38 +0530, Siju George wrote:
> Come on Tuomo.
> Don't get so upset of not being paid back for your efforts in some way
> or the other.

I don't expect to get paid back, but I'd rather people not fuck with
me after all my efforts, as the distros do.

> Let me ask you this.
> How many free software have you used your self?
> For how many have you paid back?
> At least with a "thank you" towards the authors?

Not much worth thanking for there. Most of the good stuff is clones
that I could have pirated anyway. It just happens that FOSS crap
has become dominant among many of those programs. And for browser
I use Opera. (Even warez groups, BTW, often tend to distribute their
cracks alongside the pirated copy, instead of distributing modified
binaries only. Yeah, and version is apparent from the file name
listed by sites.)

> If some thing in your license is just baggage then just remove it.

I thought about that, but it was just simpler to extend the LGPL.

--
Tuomo