On 2007/11/18 17:10, Aaron Hsu wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I want to make sure that I learn the proper way to submit diffs to the list
> for inclusion. I've noticed that I usually don't send them in the right
> format. Does anyone have a simple command or such that demonstrates how to
> properly send in Diffs for existing ports?

cvs diff -RuN is good (obviously this needs to be against a tree
checked out from some kind of cvs repository, either anoncvs or a
local mirror).

if you add or remove files (e.g. patches), you can 'cvs add XX' or
'cvs rm XX' and this file will be included in the patch. (to add/rm
a directory is more fiddly).