All not exactly correct advice.

cvs -d [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvs diff -uNp > aa

Then mail aa without mangling it with some sort of email program or as a
mime attachment.  I use mutt with vim for all my email.  Others use
emacs as their mail client etc.

Do NOT copy and past from an xterm into an email.  All tabs get replaced
with spaces (among the the bad things that happen).