On Wednesday 05 December 2007, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > It would be nice if I could automate the tree walking for
> > regression failures, but some stuff in the tree never passes
> > regression tests, for example, p5-Net-SSLeay just hangs.
>
> I just had a look at this, it forks and execs sslecho.pl, but this
> never exits, so the test doesn't complete. This is broken, it should
> at least be REGRESS_IS_INTERACTIVE if not NO_REGRESS until someone
> works out how to fix it (I tried adding another kill but that didn't
> do the trick, haven't thought of anything else to try yet).

Just a quick note on p5-Net-SSLeay. Don't waste much time on what's
in -current. I've got an update for it but I haven't the finished
required testing. --And it has tons of stuff depending on it. :-)

Attached is an archive of my new p5-Net-SSLeay directory. There's no
stated maintainer. It still fails on 4 regression tests due to
something strange in socket.pm but at least it doesn't hang. The one
block of tests that fails shows up like this:

  t/handle/external/10_destroy.....
  Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry
  at /usr/libdata/perl5/i386-openbsd/5.8.8/Socket.pm line 373.
  Bad arg length for Socket::pack_sockaddr_in, length is 0, should be 4
  at /usr/libdata/perl5/i386-openbsd/5.8.8/Socket.pm line 373.
  # Looks like you planned 6 tests but only ran 2.
  # Looks like your test died just after 2.
  dubious

I wonder if the regression test failure in -current (1.30) is in any way
related to the failure above (1.32)?

The only good news is now the new p5-Net-SSLeay port gets the benefit of
our compiler modifications.

And thank you very much for the well-wishes for my mom. She has been in
and out of the hospital last week with heart problems, but this morning
was luckily just a false alarm. I'm still going to take the rest of the
day off from porting since my concentration level is just not there
today.

kind regards,
jcr