On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:02:01 +0200
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Andreas Vögele) wrote:

> Brad Walker writes:
>
> > Adding --localstatedir=/var places the game score files
> > under /var/games/emacs, but then update-plist strips them.
>
> I think that you ought to use @sample in the PLIST file to create the
> directory and the files in /var/games.  For example:

   [snip]

Right, but unfortunately this is apparently not working either. Emacs does
not seem to save scores in these files anyway, for some reason that I am
not interrested in investigating further. The emacs source package is so
completely and desperatingly ugly. We really don't need this anyway: who
plays tetris in emacs and want to keep scores? This does not work in
emacs21 either so this is not a regression.

Another point: I don't see a compelling reason for adding an -athena
flavor instead of keeping it the default, as it is now. I find it just
confusing.

Here is a new version with a -gtk flavor. I also left the parts for having
score files in /var/games/emacs in case someone wants to figure out why it
is not working.

Eric.