>  > > ports-lib-depends-check runs fine, however regression tests
>  > > fail for swfdec at the moment (gstreamer with external ffmpeg
>  > > issues).
>  >
>  > Such as?
>

> yes, please elaborate.  I'm working on an ffmpeg update and would
>  love to know potential issues to look for.

Linking of external ffmpeg is the issue. By its nature, gstreamer
ffmpeg module has to have, reasonable defaults (bitrate, etc) for
different codecs, available in ffmpeg.
However codecs identifiers,  changing in ffmpeg all the time, also new
codecs are being added, that was the reason why gstreamer folks
imported ffmpeg into the module itself. When you are linking with
external ffmpeg, you could easily hit this codec identifier mismatch.
As result you will often get errors - like
"Unknown codec ID 86022, please add here", and such. Just run make
regress in swfdec and you will see it.
I am not an expert in ffmpeg and gstreamer, but this is how situation
is seen to me.
I am going to switch off gstreamer support in swfdec and turn back to
linking with ffmpeg.

Regards Valery.