On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 10:51:29 +0200, Marc Espie wrote:

>On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 10:14:53AM +1100, Rod Whitworth wrote:
>> That works like a charm! The best part of your message though was the
>> explanation of the mechanism that caused the "problem". That never was
>> obvious in my manpage scanning or other search attempts.
>
>The details of the update mechanism are documented in pkg_add's internals,
>specifically OpenBSD::Intro(3p).

Now I can "use the source, Luke". Although I'm one of those people who
looked at Perl, bought the Llama and Camel books, and is still confused
so it will probably remain a bit of a mystery. OTOH I now know where it
is, even if it is a struggle.

I never could figure out why some languages (Perl, Cobol, Java, C++)
just leave me cold when I have written code in 4040 Assembler, Fortran,
Basic, 8080 asm, 8086 asm, C, ReXX, Forth and some language (that I
cannot remember the name of) that generated code for Signetics FPLS and
its cousins.

Anyway as senility sets in none of that will matter. All code reading
will be a new adventure. 8-)

Thanks for the tip Marc, but thanks lots more for the really cool
package infrastructure. I have had very few problems with it from way
back (I joined at 2.6) but as good as it was early on, it was not a
shadow of its present incarnation.

Rod/
/earth: write failed, file system is full
cp: /earth/creatures: No space left on device