On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 09:55:34AM +0200, Mikko Tolmunen wrote:
> cleaned up version tested on i386
>
> instead of doing horrible patches to configure file
> itself do the changes to the right files and run
> autoconf and keep ode fuctionality as it is.

A few random thoughts on this port (i've looked at it a few days ago, so
if i mess up, sorry) Here it goes anyway:

I think you have better chances to get this into the tree if you submit
the app that depends on it as well. That said it works well with xmoto
(i386) after a small patch on xmotos part.

I'd suggest it to be named just "ode", searching for libode only leads
to debian packages, not to ode.org. Forcing debian naming schemes
doesn't seem to be popular around here ;) Doing that, you could drop V
and PKGNAME.

There seem to be a few += that arn't necessary (WANTLIB, SHARED_LIBS iirc).

I'm not so sure about the pkg-config file, but maybe the app that needs
this uses it...

The CFLAGS fix could do with a comment

No MAINTAINER? Don't you want to maintain it? :)

Tobias