On Thu 2008.12.04 at 18:26 -0500, Brad wrote:

> > > Now I really think we should go down the road you have proposed earlier:
> > > Making a 1.1.x/ dir for mainting compatibility with koffice 1.6, and a
> > > 1.3.x for the latest stable. What do you think?
>
> ewww. I would very much prefer NOT going down that road.

i too would not prefer that route, but...

> > Fix koffice to work with latest GraphicsMagick?
>
> Please do.

that's the right thing, i agree.  according to various lists and bug
reports on this very issue on kde sites, there is no interest for
re-doing the krita filters that use the older GraphicsMagick API; they
have admitted that they did not use the correct (public) API, so it is
much more of an overhaul than they are willing to do for 1.6x,
especially when it seems the 2.x branch is more interesting to those.

i'm not interested in krita, nor do i have the time to invest in it
right now.  of course, others are more than welcome to do so :)