On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 09:45:16AM +0100, Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse wrote:

> > > A soft whimper from here.  It works and doesn't seem to blow up with
> > > lots of files.  I guess I need to switch.
> >
> > I'm not sure where Jasper is going with his campaign of killing
> > ports that are based on GTK+1, but I predict he will come to a
> > screeching halt when he reaches XMMS.
> >
> > --
> > Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de
>
> well, we can see how far we can take this Old 97 before we get to the
> xmms-station :) untill then, it's steaming it's way through the tree...

I have looked a few times, but I have not found any good replacement
for XMMS.

The closest candidate is audacious, but it uses much more CPU than XMMS.
(You'll find bug reports against old versions of audacious that describe
this problem and claim it was fixed in the current version, but the current
version still uses way more CPU than XMMS does. Turning off the small
visualiser in the main window helps a little, but still not enough.)
I would be forever grateful to whoever fixes this problem.

I'd very much like "XMMS + gtk2", but so far only "XMMS + gtk2 + new bugs
and problems" seems to exist...

Stefan