Stefan Sperling wrote:
On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 11:42:12PM +0100, Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse wrote:
On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 05:32:12PM -0400, STeve Andre' wrote:
On Sunday 08 March 2009 14:21:33 Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse wrote:
hi,

are there any users left of graphics/gtksee? or anyone else who'll shed
a tear to see this removed? it's an old image viewer based on gtk+1.
there are plenty newer (gtk+2-based) image viewers around which can
serve as an alternative.

so, any objections to removing gtksee?

cheers,
jasper
A soft whimper from here.  It works and doesn't seem to blow up with
lots of files.  I guess I need to switch.

So what viewers can deal with 50K+ files without dying?  Lately I've
been helping someone with a picture database of little teeny tiny parts, all in seperate jpegs (yes, insane, I know). Gtksee was the
best tool to browse through them I'd found.

--STeve Andre'
could you have a go with display (from imagemagick), eog, gthumb or the
like? there's no need to switch unless you've found a worthy
alternative and no-one else speaks up :)

Try gqview, too.

I was going to complain about gtksee being EOL'ed, but gqview has now just replaced it! Thanks for the suggestion Stefan.