hmm, on Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 01:13:23AM +0000, Mikolaj Kucharski said that
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 01:06:51AM +0100, frantisek holop wrote:
> > hi there,
> >
> > i use
> >
> > set record="^"
> >
> > in .muttrc to get a "gmail" style thread in the current
> > mailbox by putting sent mail into that folder as well.
> >
> > i have verified that this patch is in 1.5.18.
> > is it working for the others?
>
> For me mutt undertand `^' character as current opened folder.

that is correct.  by setting record to the current open folder,
the outgoing mail should be recorded in that folder as well
(as opposed to say sent-mail in the past).  of course, in
a mailing list one always sees one's own message as well,
so it's not really an issue, contrarywise, it prevents
duplicates, but in all the other cases it is desired for me
to keep a copy of the sent mails as well.

> I just changed my .muttrc and by replying to you I can see that works. I
> will leave my config with this setting and will test that.

so you are seeing 2 mails sent here?  one from record= and one
sent by the mailing list?

-f
--
a true friend knows who you are... but likes you anyway.