On 2009/05/15 17:20, Chuck Robey wrote:
> I've been trying to get seamonkey to build for myself for several
> days now, I can't seem to find out how to fix it.  I've made really
> sure it can't possibly have anything whatever to do with versions
> of OpenBSD, because I moved both my kernel, the userland, and the
> ports files all to their current versions.
>
> The problem I'm seeing occurs somewhere more than halfway thru
> the building, where it's doing the generation of the chrome files.
> It's specifically reporting as error from zip, not able to find a
> file named en-US.jar.  I can't find that file either (using find,
> it's nowhere inside the www/seamonkey directory).  It's not anything
> to do with zip/unzip either, I checked, the ports are the current
> versions, and they are functional enough.

Please post a log of the failing build, or put it on a webserver
and post the URL. The output from pkg_info might be useful too.
Also details of anything you've set in mk.conf. If you've set
SUDO=sudo you also need to make sure sudoers has the env_keep
lines as in the default config.

> I'm not setting any other variables in doing this port, should I
> be?  I just do a 'make clean' and then a 'make'.  I would really
> appreciate a hint if you happen to have one, because I have no
> browser at all under OpenBSD yet, and I'm going to have to have one
> on call while doing my real project under OpenBSD.

You shouldn't have to do anything other than "make install",
that should pretty much always build a useful package and install
it for you.

If you need a browser now, I'd very strongly recommend this:

PKG_PATH=ftp://some.mirror/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/`arch -s`/ \
  pkg_add -i seamonkey

and work out the build problem later.

I think I'm right in saying that most of us, ports developers
included, use packages rather than ports when we want to install
something.