Bryan <bra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 18:13, Predrag Punosevac <punoseva...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Ports,
> >
> > For the past couple days Colin Percival has worked very hard to fix
> > crypt so that it can compile on OpenBSD. I am attaching the new version
> > of crypt-1.1.3 which he didn't yet post on his web site. It is vanilla
> > package, it is not the port of OpenBSD. Crypt-1.1.3 now compiles
> > without any patches on OpenBSD. Just untar ./configure, make,
> > make install. I am playing with it on my 4.4 amd64 machine as we
> > speak. So far it works for me. It would be good idea that people
> > running current try to compile and play with it. I personally will
> > install a snapshot in next couple of days and try to make a port.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Predrag
> >

> As nice as a new package sounds, openssl will encrypt files too...
> even found a script that will automate the process...
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Encrypt-files-quickly-with-OpenSSL-87586
The difference between userland programs for cryptography as openssl,
ccrypt, and now scrypt is in underlining crypt-o algorithms.
Cryptography is from the point of view of pure mathematics little bit
of the voodoo science so I would prefer to leave to experts to evaluate
the value of the Colin's work.

Best,
Predrag