Matthias Kilian <k...@outback.escape.de> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 07, 2009 at 05:47:18PM +0100, vex...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I was wondering if we could get xpdf to make it's own .so and .h's so
> > that texlive can use them. As it stands every time we find a bug in
> > xpdf, we must duplicate the patch in tex live.
>
> IMHO it would be a much better idea to nuke xpdf from texlive and
> use poppler instead.
>
> Ciao,
>       Kili
I would not be rushing so much to ditch xpdf. I know of at least
couple packages from TeXLive that do not interact well with poppler.
Also epdfviewer has much to be desired about. Full screen mode doesn't
interact well with CWM for instance. Epdfviewer doesn't support LPD
spooling system as well. For me personally with all its draw backs
xpdf is the pdf viewer for Unix.