"Aaron W. Hsu" <arcf...@sacrideo.us> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:39:58 -0400, frantisek holop <min...@obiit.org>
> wrote:
>
> > i wonder how many people use opera on openbsd...
>
> I wonder how many people would use it if there were a native build with a
> proper license that would permit redistribution of the packages and such
> on CD-ROM. Would these packages be distributed with the CDs?
>
>       Aaron W. Hsu

What are you talking about? Opera is a proprietary close source
software. It would take a lot more than change of license for
Opera to be available on CD. It has to be Open Source project.
My crystal ball is telling me Opera is not going open source any time
soon.

I would be happy to sign your petition for the native build
of Opera for OpenBSD. I do fell little bit claustrophobic having
only choice of Firefox and Konqueror. I hope by 1st of November Midori
gets better but WebKit is the most insecure of four search engines.

I am also really curious how would native build work on bsd.mp kernel.
Did anybody try to use tiny-proxy+Opera on bsd.mp? Does tiny-proxy solve
the problem of locking? In my experience that seems to be the issue
with bsd.mp and linux comp rather than with Opera per say.

Is it possible to use native aspell with Opera? I didn't see the Linux
version of aspell available among ports but installing Linux version
of aspell shouldn't be too difficult.

Cheers,
Predrag