On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 06:02, Claudio Jeker<cje...@diehard.n-r-g.com> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 11:16:01AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2009/09/01 12:10, Stephan A. Rickauer wrote:
> Hi ports,
>
> Is anyone else seeing "Profiling timer expired" messages during
> firefox35 startup? I sometimes have to repeat to call the program more
> than ten times until it finally starts. This is on i386 -current with
> 3.5.2p1.

not recently, but I've seen it before with some earlier version (not
sure whether it was 3.0 or something older) and it went away as randomly
as it started happening.. :(

It seems to reliably happen after updateing firefox. It is totaly
annoying.

It seems to have something to do with "gconf2".  To fix this, I do a
"gconftool-2 --shutdown", and then start firefox again...
1. Assuming you have set up profiles
d...@fubar ~/.mozilla/firefox ls
cx3yx5gl.ssh/       ngfbx5jc.default/   profiles.ini
2. Run the profile manager
d...@fubar ~/.mozilla/firefox firefox35 -profileManager
3. Make sure that 'default' is chosen (assuming that is what you want)
4. Then, make sure you then call firefox35 correctly:
/usr/local/bin/firefox35 -P' default'

This is only necessary when you have created more than one profile.

HTH,
Dave