On 2009/09/01 19:04, Brad Tilley wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Stuart Henderson<st...@openbsd.org> wrote:
> > On 2009/09/01 14:26, Brad Tilley wrote:
>
> > A version number of some sort is required, see packages-specs(7)
>
> I've renamed 'random.zip' to 'ent-1.0.zip' and hosted it myself for now.
>

> > What's the reason for making it static?
>
> The author mentioned long-term compatibility and .so linking issues. I
> can leave the -static out

if you were providing your own binary packages, that might be a
problem, but since they are rebuilt regularly in bulk builds you
shouldn't have to worry about this; leaving the -static out is
usually more appropriate in ports.

> > EXTRACT_SUFX=.zip takes care of the build dependency anyway.
> > zip isn't a problem.
>
> That's good to know. I've left it as a zip. I've made some progress.
> I'm at the "make fake" stage now where it complains there is no
> install target in the original Makefile. I'll read the man pages and
> see if I can get around this without editing the Makefile.

you can set a "do-install:" target in the port Makefile. if you look
around the ports tree you'll find plenty of examples.