On 2009/09/23 17:37, Brad wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 September 2009 02:01:27 Benoit Lecocq wrote:
> > Brad wrote:

> > > Your use of CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS is wrong. Also why is this being added? I
> > > see no new external dependencies.
> >
> > File : check-0.9.7/NEWS

> > * support running tests with multiple pthreads (Daniel Gollub, closes
> > 1391527)
> >
> > A "make" without CFLAGS/LDFLAGS :
> >
> > ../src/.libs/libcheckinternal.a(check_pack.o)(.text+0x445): In function
> >
> > `ppack':
> > : undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_lock'
> >
> > ../src/.libs/libcheckinternal.a(check_pack.o)(.text+0x463): In function
> >
> > `ppack':
> > : undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_unlock'
> >
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > *** Error code 1
> >

> > I will make a new diff without the use of pthread.
>
> I have no problem with using pthreads.

Using pthreads in check was resulting in regression test failures
that don't happen without them. I would hope that software which is
itself a test suite would pay attention to making sure their own
tests work properly, so I think we should assume it's a genuine
problem rather than just the usual broken tests.