On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 06:16:08PM -0500, Vijay Sankar wrote:
> Landry Breuil wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >here's a new port on which i spent the last two days at p2k9, the
> >Moovida media center (formerly known as Elisa), see
> >http://www.moovida.com for doc & details. It works quite nice here
> >on my atom laptop, but it could use a bit more cpu/gpu power.
> >It depends on some of the recent commits to the portstree (libmms,
> >gstreamer-enabled-libmms, pigment, py-pigment, py-cssutils,
> >py-twisted-web2, etc..) so be sure to correctly update your portstree
> >before even trying to compile it. Oh, and it depends on half of the
> >portstree, and will burn your cpu if you plan to compile all the
> >dependencies.
> >
> >I'd like some comments on the ports hierarchy, because they are
> >logically separated like gstreamer (core, plugins-*), but moovida itself
> >without the plugins is useless. But plugins depends on moovida to be
> >installed to run, so moovida can't run-depend on the plugins, etc..
> >hence the pkg/MESSAGE. That's also why all runtime deps are stacked in
> >Makefile.inc.
> >
> >There is one remaining bug i'm workin' on, so no need to report the
> >following warning :
> >self.top_height = 0
> >self.top_height.unit undefined
> ><type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'int' object has no attribute 'unit'
> >
> >Btw, some features are crippled as we don't have HAL, but most are
> >working fine. I managed to browse pictures locally and on flickr/pikeo,
> >play video/music locally and from youtube/rtbf/jamendo.
> >Ah, and you need decent graphic hw acceleration for it to be smooth.
> >
> >Landry
>
> Hi,
>
> I have no useful feedback but just wanted to thank you for this port
> -- it looks like it will be a nice addition to OpenBSD packages. I
> set up a new server to build this using Oct 14th's CVS. After the
> OpenBSD installation, and populating the initial tree for ports I
> copied moovida to /home/ports/multimedia and a make build worked
> flawlessly. It took about 11 hours to build packages from scratch
> but all dependencies got installed without any intervention by me
> and unlike some other OS I did not have to press/click OK (not even
> once :). I also installed all plugins.

You also might want to update your tree to get multimedia/coherence, and
grab multimedia/moovida from cvs, as there might be some patches there
you don't have.

> games$ pkg_info | grep moo
> moovida-1.0.7       Moovida media center software
> moovida-plugins-bad-1.0.7 Moovida media center - bad plugins
> moovida-plugins-good-1.0.7 Moovida media center - good plugins
> moovida-plugins-ugly-1.0.7 Moovida media center - ugly plugins
>
> elisa started but youtube/video/music did not work -- anything that
> I try to do to configure elisa give me the following error.
>
> WARN  MainThread default Oct 15 09:29:32  Entering controller with
> path /poblesec/this_computer failed. Full failure log at
> /tmp/elisa_errors.txt (elisa/plugins/poblesec/history.py:75)
>
> Probably a configuration or some other error on my part. I will try
> to read up the docs at moovida.org. In the meantime if there is
> anything I can do to help test please let me know.

I don't remember how it ran the first time i launched it, but i
pre-populated directories in ~/.moovida/moovida.conf :
video = ['/home/landry/Videos']
pictures = ['/home/landry/wp']
music = ['/home/landry/Music']

And after that it worked fine (well i struggled with lots of other issues but
only porting-related.)

Anyway, have a look at the output on the console _and_
/tmp/elisa_errors.txt.

Landry