hmm, on Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 09:06:11PM -0500, STeve Andre' said that
> Frantisek,  I think you are having weird hardware problems.
> I did what you have done on my -current system (A W500 thinkpad)
> and watched the video without incident.

yes, this could very well be hw related.  although i think
it is rather systematic for a memory related error, those
problems tend to be more random and a bit more difficult
to reproduce; this is systematic.

the other reason i don't know where to look is simply that
i have used this notebook for almost 2 years now, and there
were no problems like this before.  it is only the last couple
of snapshots, last mplayer update.  it's all too easy to blame
the hw all the time...

-f
--
good words cost no more than bad.