On 2010/02/09 22:47, Igor Zinovik wrote:
> > 2) If I don't edit free-sa.conf and try to do anything I get a crash (except
> > for free-sa -s -f /etc/free-sa/free-sa.conf). So it may be nice to have some
> > defaults that will work on OpenBSD.
>
> Fixed.

we use ${SYSCONFDIR} for these, it can be overridden by the user.
we can either patch with ${SYSCONFDIR} and use ${SUBST_CMD} in a
pre-configure target, or we can override the variables in Makefile.
also we don't really do the strlcpy patches in ports any more.
both of these results in far fewer patches (usually a good thing
as it makes upgrading a lot easier).

the attached tgz gives you the rough idea but it's unfinished (it
includes the fake directory in the installed files); I think the
simplest way is to override do-install in the ports Makefile with
our own target using ${INSTALL_PROGRAM} etc, this will also take
care of INSTALL_STRIP so that a version with debug symbols can
be produced if wanted.

> > free-sa -f /etc/free-sa/free-sa.conf -d month
> > Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> I cannot reporoduce crash, since i have only i386 arch.  If it wont
> bother you please send me coredump that free-sa generated and will
> provide it to developer.

a coredump by itself is pretty much useless, it needs to go with a
binary with symbols compiled in, but the port as it stands makes
this difficult. probably simplest for now is to 'make patch',
comment-out the 'strip' line in the unpacked Makefile, and build
with DEBUG=-g. then you can obtain a backtrace from gdb, which
is more likely to be helpful.