2010/2/10 Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>:
> On 2010/02/09 22:47, Igor Zinovik wrote:
> we use ${SYSCONFDIR} for these, it can be overridden by the user.
> we can either patch with ${SYSCONFDIR} and use ${SUBST_CMD} in a
> pre-configure target, or we can override the variables in Makefile.
> also we don't really do the strlcpy patches in ports any more.
> both of these results in far fewer patches (usually a good thing
> as it makes upgrading a lot easier).
>
> the attached tgz gives you the rough idea but it's unfinished (it
> includes the fake directory in the installed files); I think the
> simplest way is to override do-install in the ports Makefile with
> our own target using ${INSTALL_PROGRAM} etc, this will also take
> care of INSTALL_STRIP so that a version with debug symbols can
> be produced if wanted.

I changed Makefile a bit.  I added some substitution actions using perl,
but i make these things happen in pre-install target.  There is one more issue
for me: where to install cgi-bin binary?

I now that ports tree is locked, but i'm afraid that i will forget about work
i've done, so let it be here.