On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 09:38:15 -0600 Chris Bennett
<ch...@bennettconstruction.biz> wrote:

> Chris Bennett wrote:
> > I am getting consistently  videos that are blank saying (no video)
> > on several sites that were playing fine until a few days ago.
> >
> > I see errors such as:
> >
> > [00000273] access_mms access error: no data received
> > [00000273] access_mmes access warning: cannot fill buffer
> > something about libmpeg2 also
> > [00000276] dmo_decoder failed loading wma9dmod.dll
> > [00000276] dmo_decoder failed DecOpen failed
> > [00000271 main input debug ...decoder fifos to empty
> >
> > on one I saw an image but no mplayer controls, then it returned to
> > (no video)
> >
> I should have added that mplayer plays these videos just fine if I
> download them.
> Just seems to be failing running through firefox35

Chris,

You really need to be a lot more realistic and detailed when reporting
problems. No one here read minds (except possibly sthen@ --he's scary).

1.) What system build are you running? (dmesg)
2.) What are the version numbers (names) of all relevant packages?
3.) The *ACTUAL* error message?
4.) How to reproduce the error?
5.) Can you reproduce the error on -CURRENT? (with up to date packages)
6.) Any similar bugs reported upstream?
7.) Possible Cause?
8.) work-arounds?
9.) patches? ;)

Also, you're obviously running one of the mplayer plugin packages to be
able to do view video in a web browser, but you never bothered to say
which one?
        gecko-mediaplayer?
        mplayerplug-in?

Personally, I never use browser plugins, but for a moment I considered
installing one and trying every single video on the web in an attempt
to reproduce the error.

-jcr