Chris Bennett wrote:

Edd Barrett wrote:
On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 12:12:36PM -0600, Chris Bennett wrote:
latest current and packages as of yesterday

mplayer-20090708p4
mplayerplug-in-3.55p2
gnash-0.8.3p3
gecko-mediaplayer-0.9.8

I have never had any success with mplayerplug-in.

Perhaps you have some examples of urls showing the problem?

Thanks

Every url I tried did same, perhaps a few frames played, but never correctly

I searched for wma9dmod.dll but neither find nor locate found it
What is that file?

wda9dmod.dll is a windows media dynamic link library (dll) it can be found in file called essential-* from mplayer HQ.

It used to be required a few years ago if you wanted mplayer to play certain MS files - in my experience it sometimes fixed the issue certain files not playing...

hth

Fred